BFLA History

In 1959 a group of Brandon area artists and art lovers first organized what was to become the Brandon League of Fine Arts.  Wishing to support and encourage the cultural life of the greater Brandon area, these dedicated men and women formed an organization called the Brandon Area Art Center. 

In 1977, the Brandon Area Art Center's name was changed to Brandon League of Fine Arts to better reflect the growing scope of the members' interests.  A notable activity of that period was the annual Tour of Homes which remained successful for many years. 

As the League entered the 1980's the scope of activities and events was changed and expanded to reflect the ever-increasing interests of League members. 

The league maintains a close relationship with Center Place and provides support for monthly art exhibitions in the Mook Gallery.  

As the Brandon League of Fine Arts is entering it's 58th year, it continues to champion fine art in the Brandon community!

©  2013 - BLFA Web Master //  Design hosting by SandVox,  Web hosting by GoDaddy.com