In 1959 a group of Brandon area artists and art lovers first organized what was to become the Brandon League of Fine Arts. Wishing to support and encourage the cultural life of the greater Brandon, Florida area, these dedicated men and women formed an organization called the Brandon Area Art Center.
In 1977, the Brandon Area Art Center was changed to Brandon League of Fine Arts to better reflect the growing scope of the members' interests. A notable activity of that period was the annual Tour of Homes which remained successful for many years.
As the League entered the 1980s the scope of activities and events was changed and expanded to reflect the ever-increasing interests of league members.
The league maintains a close relationship with Creative Junk Therapy.
The Brandon League of Fine Arts continues to champion fine art in the Brandon community!